Plant-based/vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free, (nut-free), corn-free, soy-free, sugar-free.
Get to know these volume measurements:
5mL = 1 tsp • 15mL = 1 Tbsp • 60mL = ¼ cup • 125mL = ½ cup • 250mL = 1 cup
1 x 500mL mug
- Pitting and chopping dates – 2 minutes
- Organizing ingredients – 5 minutes
- Assembly – 5 minutes
- Cooking time – 5-10 minutes
- Blending – 1-2 minutes
Cooking tools and appliances:
- Sharp knife for slicing and chopping (if your dates aren’t already pitted)
- Cutting board
- Oven and stovetop
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Small stainless steel pot
- Stand-up blender or hand blender with blending vessel
- 500mL mason jar or mug
1 med Banana
2 pitted Medjool Dates
¼ bean Vanilla, beans scraped into pot
5 mL Cinnamon
10 mL Nutmeg
15 mL Naked Coconuts Coconut Oil
200 mL Manitoba Harvest Hemp Milk/Almond Milk/Rice Milk (or milk of your choice)
200 mL Native Forest Coconut Milk
- Place all ingredients in stainless steel pot and bring to the boil.
- Remove #1 from heat, pour into blender or tall vessel for hand blending. Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Pour #2 into serving glass or mug, sprinkle with more nutmeg and enjoy! Or, cool and then refrigerate until cold. Serve chilled, on ice, with extra nutmeg and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in airtight containers, refrigerated for up to 7 days, or frozen for up to 1 month.
Change it up:
Try the following different flavour combos to keep your holiday tastebuds on their toes, just remember to spice it up with a healthy dose of nutmeg, cinnamon, and even cardamom:
- Roasted butternut squash and maple
- Cocoa and mint
- Cranberry, goji, and maca
Until next time, keep warm, stay frosty, and enjoy the holidays!
Eat well. Be well!™