Plant-based/vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free, (nut-free), corn-free, soy-free, sugar-free.
Get to know these volume measurements:
5mL = 1 tsp • 15mL = 1 Tbsp • 60mL = ¼ cup • 125mL = ½ cup • 250mL = 1 cup
- Organizing ingredients – 5 minutes
- Assembly – 5-10 minutes
- Cooking time – 20 minutes
Cooking tools and appliances:
- Oven and stovetop
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Stainless steel bowl
- Small stainless steel pot
- Heatproof spatula (for stirring mix while cooking)
- bowls for service
150 mL shredded coconut
75 mL pumpkin seeds, partially ground
150 mL flax seed, partially ground
100 mL chia seeds
60 mL hemp hearts
12.5 mL Ceylon Cinnamon
750 mL Plant-based milk (hemp/almond/coconut)
250 mL wild blueberries
5 mL Atlantic Grey Sea Salt
- Place all ingredients in large stainless steel bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour into large stainless steel pot and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to prevent bottom from burning.
- Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for about 20 minutes, until the dry ingredients have soaked up the liquid. Remove from heat.
- Serve #3 with extra plant-based milk and added sweetener of choice, if desired.
- Store leftovers in covered container refrigerated for up to 7 days, or frozen for up to 2 months.
Change it up:
Try these flavour combos to keep your grain-free breakfast bowl tempting your tastebuds week after week:
- Apples and cinnamon
- Cranberries and apples
- Raisins and sunflower seeds
- Apples and tahini
- Mixed fruit medley
- Almond butter and your favourite preserves
- Maple syrup and toasted pecans
Until next time, keep warm, stay frosty, and eat your breakfast – it’s the most important meal of the day!
Eat well. Be well!™